The Hawaii-Pacific Chapter of the Medical Library Association (HPC-MLA) is an organization of professional librarians, individuals, and institutions in health sciences libraries. It is committed to:
- Promoting professional excellence among health care information providers
- Offering opportunities for educational and professional growth
- Providing leadership in the health care information field in Hawaii and the Pacific
- Providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information
- Promoting cooperation among health science libraries
- Representing the Chapter and its members before the Medical Library Association and other organizations
HPC-MLA is the chapter with the smallest membership but covers the largest geographic region which includes American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Northern Marianas, and Palau.